Twins

Twins

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Really? TV??

On Thursday, Connor, Caroline and I were invited to join a few other Charlestown moms for a rainy afternoon hangout. Some of the mothers I had met at a breakfast a few weeks before, others were new. This was a clearly established little circle of mothers who have babies that are a few weeks older than the twins but they were all very lovely. However, as they each continued to compare mothering stories (I was surprised they still were, I mean they get together every few days, what hadn't they covered?) I began to wonder if I needed to revise my mothering rules. For example, they were all talking about how their kids aren't allowed to watch TV or different CD/DVDs they play while their children are quietly sleeping in the swings. I didn't add too much to this conversation but should I feel bad that my kids 'watch' Sex and the City reruns with me all afternoon? I mean, they can't even watch TV! If they stare at it for 5 minutes, it's just the color and contrast they are interested in. I hardly think Samantha will have an influence on Caroline at this point. As for music, I'm all about Mumford and Sons right now and Connor seemed to like The Gypsy Kings as we did laundry last week. And we all listen to Beethoven during dinner. Must we play singing animals and puppets in their nursery? They aren't learning numbers or ABCs yet...I'm not sure if I'll get back together with this group or not. Maybe, but luckly I have a few other friends with young babies that play by similar rules to mine anyway.

Tomorrow we are going to visit Matt in the office so all of his coworkers can meet the babes. I'm also using this as an excuse to go to Niketown and get new sneakers. Mine are so stiff and old (I think I got them before my last half marathon...last May!). Maggie and I have been good about our 3x a week goal. I might even try a 4 miler next week. If I have the time...my window is so short and my speed is still on the same level as a amatur turtle.

I think it's very weird that Kourney and Kim Take New York's theme song is "I'm in Miami, Bitch". What?? How did Ryan Seacrest let that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment