Twins

Twins

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Big Week

It was a big week in the Curtin house. What started off as a miserable Monday stuck inside due to cold rain and sleet turned out to be a lovely week ending in a nice visit to see my old coworkers.

Social Security numbers and vaccination shots were two very exciting (I'm joking) things to happen in our house. The twins turned 10 weeks yesterday and I still hadn't received their SS cards yet so I called SS and they told me numbers were issued but they couldn't tell me what happened to the cards yet I had to go into my nearest SS office to apply for a replacement. Yes, you heard me correctly: their mistake and I had to go in-person to fix it. Luckily it didn't take long and the SS regional office is walking distance from Charlestown. Everyone there was very nice to me but only because I was carting around twins.

Thursday was the big 2 month doctors appointment. I'm totally on the fence about their pedi but that's a whole other story. I trust her as a doctor and she is conveniently located down the street so you can't beat it which is why I'll stick with her. I just wish she did a better job of getting to know her patients on a personal level. Connor now weighs 8 lbs 13 oz and Caroline is at 6 lbs 10 oz. I can't believe it! Connor has little chubby rolls everywhere too. The vaccinations were very hard. I cried when Connor got his shots (he was first). Poor little guy was so upset. Apparently one of them really stings the baby, like a bee sting so it's more than just the needle that upsets them. I obviously didn't know how they would be affected but after they calmed down and ate they seemed okay. So we went to Target (first time with the babes!). On the way home they both started to get fussy and by the time they were out of their carriers, hell broke loose. They both sobbed for about 2 hours, I begged Matt to come home and help me. Thank god he was able to leave a little early and come home to us. I couldn't even take their temps because I couldn't put one down to tend to the other. I just sat on our bed with puke all over me (Caroline was so worked up she kept throwing up) holding them close. Eventually they feel asleep and when they woke up they were much better. And yesterday they were back to normal. It was so hard to see them in so much discomfort. But now we know how they will likely respond with their 4 month vacs so we'll be better prepared.

The week ended with a Friday morning visit to go see my old coworkers. I had been looking forward to seeing them for weeks and I was so happy to walk into the office. I miss them all and I miss my job. They were all so excited to meet the babies. We stayed for a while to catch up and gossip about new biz people and business. Oh, and of course Connor had an up-the-back poop but luckily his outfit was saved. On that note, they both had HUGE HUGE poops yesterday afternoon at the same time. Seriously, I heard Caroline and as soon as I turned to her to pick her up so poop didn't go on the couch, Connor had a blow out. How on earth did they manage to time that one?

Last night ended with the usual weekly Friday dinner out with the Purtells and the Walkers joined us. They are about to leave on a 10 day trip to Italy before Matt Walker (yes the third Matt in the group) starts business school. I can't wait until Matt and I can go on a nice vacation together again - just the two of us.

Great Bethenny episode this week! As we are preparing for the twins baptism in two weeks it was very timely. It's like she knows me and her show is just for me!!! She actually just sent me an email with some good recipies in it. The clown outfits were a little too much, glad they went with the Pandas.

No comments:

Post a Comment