Twins

Twins

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow

Uggggg - more snow. I can't handle it anymore. I did nowever get a break yesterday when the sun was shining and I went for RUN! Yup, that's right, a whopping 2.35 miles according to MapMyRun.com. I was exhausted, sore and had a bad side stich but I did it. I took Maggie with me. Maggie has been my running partner since she was about 8 months old. She is a great jogger and just loves it. Initially we were going to go for a brisk walk but I looked at her as we left the house and in her little Maggie-way-of-communication, she begged to jog. So we did. She smiled the entire time and I'm glad I was able to make her day and give her some quality attention that she has been wanting. It was the first time in 5 months that I ran and although it was physically exhausting, it was exactly what I needed too. I'm commited to working out 3x a week; I feel like that is managable with the babies.



We are so lucky that we live on Mystic St. I think there are more Colgate alums on this street than any other street in Boston. No kidding. And two of them happen to be Matt's really good friends - all of which have children between 2 mo-2 years. So every once and a while we rotate houses for dinner. Nothing fancy but it's our way of getting one another out of the house, being social and spending time together. Yesterday's dinner was at the Kubec's and I'll admit I'm always jealous leaving because Michelle is a very good cook. The bar has been set - high.



I wish I had seen the King's Speech. I've been dying to see it but I didn't get the chance. The only Oscar noms that I have seen is The Fighter and The Social Network. I always feel like I miss out if I haven't seen the movie that wins best picture. Not that I'll still be awake to see the award given out! I'll have to get all the news in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment