Twins

Twins

Friday, August 5, 2011

Quality TV Programming

There is a rare silence in my house right now. Both babies are asleep, at the same time. The laundry is folded or in the dryer. Dinner is in the fridge (that's the Grill Masters job anyway, love you babe!) The house is clean, thank you Margarita. I'm not sure what to do!

I remembered what I was going to write about. Quality TV for kids. So as you all know, I subjected my children to the glory that is known as Bravo when they were teeny tiny. But now that they can watch the TV and it keeps them focused while drinking their bottles, I've finally made the switch to PBS. It started off with Sesame Street but it then turned into Martha Speaks, Dinosaur Train, Super Why and Between the Lions. Now, the TV isn't on all day but a good part of it just for background noise and that way if they do look at it, it's about spelling and numbers rather than the latest catfight between Ramona and LuAnn. I actually enjoy watching it with them too; shows like that remind me how innocent and simple a child really is.

That's not to say I don't still love Bravo and HGTV. I just save it for when they go to bed. On a sad note, my DVR did not tape the RHONY reunion. Katie and Erika, I'm looking for you to fill me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment