Twins

Twins

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Peas = YIKES

So peas were a bad idea. Connor did like them but he later threw up and our entire house smelled like pea vomit. We lit every candle we had and threw every article of fabric that may have been exposed to the pea vomit in the wash.

It was a scorcher yesterday so to get out of the house, we drove out to Natick to hit up the Container Store (snooze, I know) and B&N. Since we have TWO little half birthday's coming up tomorrow, I bought them some new books. (*Tanget alert* one of the books we bought was "The Giant Jam Sandwich" and it's adorable. It's more appropriate for a 3-4 year old but I liked it so we bought it.) Between the door of B&N and my car, three people stopped and wanted to look at the twins. The first, an older gentleman told me that they celebrate half birthdays in their house and that both Shaws and Stop and Shop have half-cakes for half birthdays.(I actually dreamed last night that I went to go buy one that was decorated in easter decor even though it was for their half birthday and I, naturally, was at Wegmans and there were 200 check out lines.) The second person who stopped me was one of those annoying "Boy do you have your work cut out for you" people. The third was a mother of twins and she wanted to hear all about my pregnancy and delivery and she told me all about hers. That's the thing with twin parents. They like to share stories and they keep very little back. Poor woman went into labor at twenty four weeks and had to stay on bedrest in the hospital for eleven weeks until she delivered at thirty three. Hers were 3.1 and 4.1 so she "totally got the premie in the winter thing" as hers were born on Jan 7. Her twins are five and "Yes, it gets soooo much easier". Now all of you know her story too!

We did our first GroovyBabyMusic class today and we are one of four sets of twins in the class. I actually know the other three sets but didn't know they were in the class. They are all toddlers but really enjoyed looking at Bug and Connor. Connor really liked the music and dancing as he now wiggles his hips and is almost sitting. Caroline just watched everyone and sucked on her maracas.

1 comment:

  1. Secret- my brother is pregnant with twins too!!! You will have to tell him all about everything. Oh and you were in Natick and didn't call! MEanie! Emailsoon!

    ReplyDelete