Twins

Twins

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Here I Am!

First, I would just like to proudly say that I slept for 9 - yes NINE -hours last night. And I feel asleep reading my book. FINALLY!!!! The babes are sleeping about 11 hours straight. No more dream feeds, no more breaking out of swaddles. Now, I am not going to get too excited about this because "just when you think you have things nailed down, they change..." blah blah blah...and I think teeth are coming. (Buckle up.) But I am still relishing in my night sleep last night.

Have I mentioned yet that I'm really into country music? I always have been but this summer there are some awesome songs. Country music is so summer-Americana-simplicity to me. Like Friday Night Lights. The reason I type this is because I'm listening to You and Tequila and I'm going to watch the Friday Night Lights on my DVR while I make pasta salad and fold laundry. I get a lot done during nap times :) And I'm not sure why I'm rambling about this right now.

We all had a great time visiting everyone in CNY. I was home for 10 days but it went so fast and like every trip home, I plan to relax but somehow the days are filled to the brim with people to visit, errands to run, etc. We got some family pictures taken with our wedding photographer and they turned out amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Laure Lillie for anyone who wants wedding/baby/family/senior pictures. She is a pleasure to work with and does a great job.

I had a really nice time with my mom. Everytime I spend time with her and the babies, I learn so much. She truly is a baby whisperer. But most importantly, she subtly reminds me that nothing is more important than the babies and every minute spent with them is so precious. I sometimes get very flustered and focused on getting things done (feedings, laundry, naps, cleaning) and although all that needs to happen, just relax - get down on the mat, play with them, find out what makes them laugh, encourage them to roll and sit and most importantly, just be patient with them. They are babies after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment