Twins

Twins

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Wasn't Done

I wasn't quite finished yet but I had to end my post so...I could put them down for naps! Anyway, I'm just really strugging with this right now and I'm running out of ideas to try and help Caroline go to sleep/stay a sleep. Yesterday I was talking to our neighbor. He has a young son Jake and they were out walking. He asked how the twins were sleeping. It's the most popular question I'm asked besides "How do you do it?!". I was explaining the challenge of two napping needs and how he asked me on a really bad day. He chuckled and said that his "buddy" has a child as old as Jake (14 mo) and he and his wife are expecting twins. They have their son on such a strict schedule and he doesn't know how his buddy will handle twins - and 3 kids under 2. He ended the story with his buddy being 60. Oh my god. That would be like, my dad, having 3 kids under 2. I can't imagine that! But listen fellas (and granted I'm making an assuption here), if your second or third wife is half your age, she'll want kids, you'll probably have to do fertility and you'll be stuck going to a high school graduation for your multiples on your 80th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment