Twins

Twins

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Naps

First of all, I'm SOOOO sad that Friday Night Lights ended last night. These days, I feel like there is not a lot of really good dramatic television. The Tutors left me, then Lost (don't get me started, I still have dreams that include the characters and I even proposed to Matt that we name the twins Kate and Sawyer) and now Friday Night Lights. If you never got into the show, get the past seasons on DVD when they are available on Netflix or Blockbuster. You may be mad at Netflix though....

Naps with twins is a real challenge. In the begining, sticking to a schedule was pretty easy - and the only way to survive. But as they get older, their needs are changing. I have to remind myself that they are two different people. Connor is a pretty good napper and fairly predictable. Caroline is not. We have had a very challenging three days because she hasn't wanted to nap. I'm not sure if it's because I missed her cues and she is overtired or what. I KNOW she needs more sleep but I'm at a loss of what to do. I only left the house once today so I can watch her and see if I notice any patterns. Sounds rediculous but after a few days if I notice that she is rubbing her eyes around 11:30, then that might be her nap time. And then we can avoid meltdowns. And then I'll be happy. And my husband will like me again because I won't be so cranky. Everyone wins!

I ran 5.5 miles today. It was soooo hard and I have no idea how I used to do it every morning before work. But I'm going to try to continue to do the run on the weekends when I have a little more time. It's the best running loop and I've missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment