Twins

Twins

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Let's Catch Up

I need to be better about keeping you all updated. Once a week isn't enough and too much happens and I forget to talk about it - in my life and the life of all my reality TV friends.

*Tangent Alert*. I love my ipad and I love my iphone. But I also love a good old-fashioned keyboard that belongs to a PC. I like the efficiency and the sound. Ah...

I had the twins alone for three days and nights last weekend. It was so hard. I know I have them alone during the day but the nights are the hardest - the witching hour, the bedtime routine, the waking up. Before I move on, I would like to stop for a minute and tell every single parent out there that I admire what you do and how you do it because parenting is a two person job. God Bless you all.

Anyway - the twins were great sleepers and a few weeks ago it all went down the shitter. Last Friday was my breaking point. Caroline woke up at 1:00, then Connor at 3:00 then Caroline again at 4:25 and Connor at 5:00. It was nonsense and I had to put a kibosh on it. So we stared Feberizing on Saturday and without boring you all, we had our first 10:00 - 5:30 straight since April last night. Letting them cry it out wasn't as bad as I though. I knew they were safe and they didn't need anything, it was pure fussiness and they needed to learn how to put themselves back to sleep. Part of me just wanted to say "SHUT UP!". During Connor's 45 minute stint I just got out of bed just to shut my door :)

I think summer is finally here and I'm so excited about it. Matt and I have a tradition (we have several) to go and get lobster rolls up on the north shore. I can't wait to take the kids!

I owe you all some new pictures - I'll post some after the weekend.

Let's talk about Rosie Pope. I love her, she is so cute and charming. But I can't believe the people on the show. I think they are purely there for the show because no one can be so stupid and foolish. Upper East or not.

Oh, and Oprah - I miss you. I saved your last episode and I'm going to keep it on my DVR so that I can watch you when I need a fix. You couldn't have picked a better replacement with Ellen! I wonder if I write Ellen a love letter she'll have be on the show as a guest...

No comments:

Post a Comment