Twins

Twins

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just Enjoy It

Last week, I asked Matt "how was your day" and he responded "Good. Busy". We started talking about an NPR segment about how American's do think a good day consists of being "busy and productive". Does anyone try to slow down and just enjoy something simple like their lunch or a walk around the block on a nice day? Since we had this conversation, I've been trying to enjoy the simple things that happen in the day.

Yesterday, for example, my two closest friends from high school came to visit. We had a lovely day walking and playing with the babes. The twins took a nice long afternoon nap and when they did, I had a few fun hours of just 'girl time'. We watched HGTV, Bravo and gossiped about celebrities. It was a few hours of blissful responsibility free fun and being silly with friends I've known so well for almost two decades. I enjoyed laughing with them, simple as that.

Connor is still waking up around 4:00 every morning and I'm at a loss of what to do. I'll throw a party once he starts sleeping until 6:00 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment