Twins

Twins

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yeah, Thanks For Your Two Cents

When people see twins, they want to comment. They want to look. Some even want to touch - creepy. They can't help themselves. I can only imagine parents of two boys/girls that dress alike. 50s women everywhere salivate at the thought. But it gets old pretty quickly. Just yesterday, I was walking out of the coffee shop around the corner, untying Maggie from the lamp post and and I heard it behind me "Jeeze, ya have yah hands full!" I know buddy, thanks. I cannot go a day without hearing one, some or all of the following: "Twins! God Bless Ya!", "Twins! You have your hands full.", "Twins! I can barely handle one!", "Twins! I have no idea how you do it." (If Octomom can do 8, anyone can do 2.) and also "A boy and a girl! Instant family!" and "A boy and a girl! You're all done now!" and don't forget "Do you get any sleep at all??" Matt and I joked that we are going to start to wear a sign that says "Hi! As you can see, my hands are full with my instant family but I got a little sleep last night so I'm doing okay, thank you."

Big local news today - Whitey Bulger has been captured. Boston is buzzing.

2 comments:

  1. hehehe, Erin... you have your hand full? No way? I thought two babies the same age was a piece of cake. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. With 3 under 3 I totally sympathize. I get the uber inappropriate comments such as: "Was this planned?" "Were you on birth control or breast feeding when you got pregnant?" and my personal favorite "I think it is time you closed your legs." .

    ReplyDelete